Friday, December 29, 2006

Talk the talk but are you willing to walk the walk (put it in writing)?

Billboards: It's about making a point

"Most advertising is to raise the profile of the advertiser,"


"Ours is to raise the awareness and nurture the expression of public opinions so as to forge community development"

If that makes us bad guys, good for you.

The Elected, the Appointed and the Publicly Funded work for us and are accountable to us, the problem becomes forming a unified consensus.

This is where discussion and dialogue prove invaluable. This is where the dialogue mandates a discipline that only the written word will enhance.

If it is that important after all of the passionate discussion, put it in writing.


Dialog or Discussion
Posted on December 20, 2006 at 06:42:17 AM by Kenedeno 4 guess who said it

RE: Dialogue



There are two primary ways that groups can converse: discussion

and dialogue. Discussion is used to search for the best view to

support a decision. Views are presented and defended.

Discussion comes from the same Latin root as concussion and

percussion -- ideas banging away at each other rather like a game

of Ping-Pong. The purpose is to win, or to have your view




"an individual who enables groups and organizations to work more effectively"
Posted on December 20, 2006 at 06:49:37 AM by Kenedeno Re: hiring from within

There are a variety of definitions for facilitator.

One is that a facilitator acts as "an individual who enables groups and organizations to work more effectively; to collaborate and achieve synergy. She or he is a 'content neutral' party who by not taking sides or expressing or advocating a point of view during the meeting, can advocate for fair, open, and inclusive procedures to accomplish the group's work" [1]

Another definition is "one who contributes structure and process to interactions so groups are able to function effectively and make high-quality decisions. A helper and enabler whose goal is to support others as they achieve exceptional performance" [2]

Yet another suggests "the facilitator's job is to support everyone to do their best thinking. To do this, the facilitator encourages full participation, promotes mutual understanding and cultivates shared responsibility. By supporting everyone to do their best thinking, a facilitator enables group members to search for inclusive solutions and build sustainable agreements" [3]

The facilitator will try to assist the group in achieving a consensus on any disagreements that preexist or emerge in the meeting so that it has a strong basis for future action. The role has been likened to that of a midwife who assists in the process of creation but is not the producer of the end result.

4 comments:

Jaime Kenedeño said...

Paperback writer

Dear Sir or Madam, will you read my book?
It took me years to write, will you take a look?
It's based on a novel by a man named Lear
And I need a job, so I want to be a paperback writer
Paperback writer

It's the dirty story of a dirty man
And his clinging wife doesn't understand
His son is working for the Daily Mail
It's a steady job but he wants to be a paperback writer
Paperback writer

Paperback writer

It's a thousand pages, give or take a few
I'll be writing more in a week or two
I can make it longer if you like the style
I can change it round and I want to be a paperback writer
Paperback writer

If you really like it you can have the rights
It could make a million for you overnight
If you must return it, you can send it here
But I need a break and I want to be a paperback writer
Paperback writer

Paperback writer

Paperback writer, paperback writer
Paperback writer, paperback writer
Paperback writer, paperback writer
Paperback writer, paperback writer (fade out)

Unknown said...

Google Yourself Corpus Christi: A Tale of Two Cities

Jaime Kenedeño said...

but we need more this time! when I lay it on, come get to play it on
Posted on January 24, 2007 at 05:27:47 AM by Kenedeno

Come to decide that the things that I tried were in my life just to get high on.

When I sit alone, come get a little known but I need more than myself this time.

Step from the road to the sea to the sky, and I do believe that we rely on

when I lay it on, come get to play it on , all my life to sacrifice.



Hey oh...listen what I say oh

I got your hey oh, now listen what I say oh



When will I know that I really can't go to the well once more time to decide on.

When it's killing me, when will I really see, all that I need to look inside.

Come to believe that I better not leave before I get my chance to ride,

When it's killing me, when do I really need, all that I need to look inside.



Hey oh...listen what I say oh

come back and Hey oh lookin’ what I say oh



The more I see the less I know The more I like to let it go – hey oh, woah woah.



Deep beneath the cover of another perfect wonder where it's so white as snow,

Privately divided by a world so undecided and there’s nowhere to go

In between the cover of another perfect wonder where it’s so white as snow

Running through a field where all my tracks will be concealed and there's nowhere to go.

Ho!


Went to descend to amend for a friend All the channels that have broken down.

Now you bring it up, I’m gonna ring it up

Just to hear you sing it out

Step from the road to the sea to the sky, and I do believe what we rely on


when I lay it on, come get to play it on all my life to sacrifice


Hey oh...Listen what I say oh

I got your hey oh...listen what I say oh



The more I see, the less I know The more I like to let it go - hey oh woah woah.



Deep beneath the cover of another perfect wonder where it's so white as snow,

Privately divided by a world so undecided and there’s nowhere to go

In between the cover of another perfect wonder where it’s so white as snow

Running through a field where all my tracks will be concealed and there's nowhere to go.



I said hey hey yeah oh yeah, tell my love now.

Hey hey yeah oh yeah, tell my love now.



Deep Beneath the cover of another perfect wonder where it's so white as snow,

Privately divided by a world so undecided and there’s nowhere to go

In between the cover of another perfect wonder where it’s so white as snow

Running through a field where all my tracks will be concealed and there's nowhere to go.



I said hey hey yeah oh yeah, tell my love now.

Hey hey yeah oh yeah

Anonymous said...

Recording Information
Book Type OFFICIAL PUBLIC REC
Instrument No 2004028905 Book No
Record Date 6/15/04 Page
Time 00:00:00
Document Information
Instrument Type DEED
Inst. Date 05/25/2004 Amount 0
Grantor(s)
BROWN ROBERT S IND ATTY IN FACT
BROWN NORMAN III
Grantee(s)
LENNOX ANNE M
LENNOX WILLIAM J JR
Land
Lot(s) 18 Block(s) 1
Addition BEACH VIEW ESTATES